YC113 certainly flew by. Really, what the hell happened? It seems like only yesterday I was talking about my resolutions for 113, and here we are, already over with.
Note: For those wondering about my Jingling Some Bells competition, the results will be out sometime towards the end of this week I expect. My co-judge has curiously disappeared from the interwebs, and I need to don my best detective hat and pipe in order to track her down before I can appropriately grade all of the entries.
So how did I do with my ludicrous goals for the year?
- Reach 200b liquid isk – I actually did this one. Yay! Though I think I also failed it because a week ago I was under the figure by a hilarious couple of billion, and since I just did my corp’s purchases without doing any sales at all in December, we’re right now looking a little deflated.
I realised that around 200 is actually my saturation points, and beyond that I genuinely stop caring. So while I actually reached 200 sometime in early August, I then spent a load of it on faction ships I can’t even fly, and buying expensive gifts for close friends.
- Continue my collection of exotic dancers – I wanted a million, but I didn’t make it. I got to 810,212 which I consider to be a pretty successful year! I’ll continue to plough on for that plump 1mil though, even if it kills me in the process.
- Open a club when they finally release Walking in Stations/Ambulation/Incarna/Whatever it Ends up Being Called. – lol. Yeah, I guess we all knew this would be the least likely to happen, eh?
Not that brilliant then. On the plus side, we all managed to survive two raptures, which I think at least counts for something…
But what of this year? What ludicrous things do I have planned before we all die in this year’s end-of-the-world shenanigans?
- Create some tools to make my life easier. I seem to spend the same amount of time each month/build cycle doing the same things in slightly different orders in an attempt to optimise the process a little. I think this has about reached its full potential, and I now find the entire process being limited by an increasingly dated spreadsheet. Not only is the spreadsheet dated, but there’s nothing built into how I do things that allows me to record historical data – things like quickly accessible price trends for the products I buy and sell and order histories for both contracts and open market orders.
So, with this in mind, I am thinking of halting production for the first six months of the year, using the current batch of products (that are rolling off the production line as I type this) to service any incoming private (contract) orders, and focusing on building something database driven that I can evolve as I see fit. I think this whole effort probably warrants its own entry or two, so I don’t send non-techies to sleep with my crazy ideas.
- Focus more on some passive income streams. Not that I feel I’m going to run out of ISK while working on these new thingamajigs, but I need to do something in game or I might as well shut down all those production mule accounts. This will probably revolve around R&D agents and possibly extensive research and resale of various blueprints. Not least because I have a stack of POS labs that are under-utilised right now.
- Continue my collection of exotic dancers. This year I want to break my collection record from last year. So my aim is 1.5mil Exotic Dancers by the end of the year. I think this will be the hardest one, not least because I failed it last year, but also because the orders have been filling slower and slower as time passes by; people who had them stockpiled have already sold them to me, and people that are just grabbing them from missions aren’t selling them just yet. Eaither way, I’m probably going to have to up the amount of ISK I offer for each unit in order to stay in the game. This is no mean feat when I estimate that I’ve probably spent in excess of 15b on them already. Ouch.
- Hit 300b liquid. Another tough challenge, especially with the Festive Competition coming to an end, and the lack of serious income for the first six months of the year. I’m reasonably determined to hit it though; and I might be more inclined to stay on track with the aforementioned lack of income.
Quite a busy one, one way or another.
And so, I ask again of anyone reading this entry: What are your plans and goals in-game for 2012/YC114?
8 thoughts on “New Year’s EVE Resolutions”
My goal is to finish my T2 production prototype (I’ve called it Bacon. lol) that will assist me in producing what is profitable. However, I feel that ships, which is what I’m inventing and manufacturing isn’t serving me very well as it’s increasingly difficult to turn a profit.
Right now I’m at a *shrug* moment as to what to do next? Find something else to invent/manufacture or do something else. I have a RL friend that does invention and manufacturing and he makes a nice profit… Why don’t I?!?!
I think with invention you really do need to find a little hole in the market then produce that. The main problem is you need to be adaptable, because you can guarantee that someone else has found that hole in the market as well. But that means heavier skill and time investment to be able to do it. Its a bit of a pain in the bum. 🙁
Profit is being made o/
Making all that isk sounds like a lot of work! Do you have an end game goal? With that much isk I’d be hiring Mercs to destroy my enemies!!! ha..well maybe. Happy New Year, I hope everyone has a great year.
I don’t really have an end game goal or anything like that. 0.0 has never really interested me and I always feel bad when I PVP and actually blow someone up. I’m very good at playing EVE ‘wrong’. 🙂
The funny thing is, I play EVE less now that I make loads of ISK than I did when I was dirt poor. And it wasn’t because I logged more hours to try and make said ISK either. I don’t really know why…
I know how to fix your ‘problem’! Give me lots of your ISK and then you’ll play more to build it back up 😀
Funny how that works, I guess you can just sit back and don’t have to do pve when you have isk already. I can’t think of a goal myself, really. Try to do something for my corp maybe. I don’t know what, yet.
Don’t give noise any isk, he’ll just spend it on super stims!
Yeah, that’s the problem. If you only have a goal of making ISK and you have loooooooads of ISK you don’t really have a plan.
I’m still on my making loads of ISK plan which obviously means I’m not very good at it!
Pages of Interest