Time flies when… something something. I forget.
Its competition time!
Who’s the competition for?
Anyone who likes flying about in internet spaceships and celebrates some form of festive holiday. I myself am not in the least bit religious, but I do love the holidays because its a great time to get together with family and friends and just enjoy each other’s company.
Yes, this means that the rules are going to be similar to last year’s. Except this time, its enforced. Dun dun duuuun. That’s right; all entries must have something to do with Eve and something to do with the festive season.
But that sounds like effort!
Well yes, but given that I’m awarding points for Perceived Effort and Style/Quality, it makes sense.
That’s right, effort and quality are the core scoring factors this year.
Each entry will be marked out of ten. If there’s a bazillion entries I might have to break down into decimal places, but otherwise I’ll be awarding whole numbers.
So what sort of things are accepted?
I’m glad you asked!
I’m having categories of ‘stuff’. It works as follows:
- Audio – A favourite festive ditty with an Eve theme?
- Stills – non-moving images; screenshots and the like.
- Video – There was an awesome one of ‘Silent Night’ last year, it’d be fun to see something along those lines again.
- Written – The ghosts of Eve’s past, present and future, perhaps? Could be anything from a poem to a short story. A blog post to a news article.
- Crazy Stuff – Lego, baked goods; anything that doesn’t really fit in the other categories.
Bah, humbug! That sounds like a lot of work.
Well, there is that… But its not like there aren’t prizes…
The winner from each category will get 2bil ISK, along with the following:
- 1x Muninn
- 1x Huginn
- 1x Rapier
- 1x Claymore
- 1x Scimitar
- 1x Mastodon
- 2x Prowler
- 3x Wolf
- 3x Stiletto
- 3x Hound
- 3x Claw
- 3x Cheetah
Feeling tickled yet?
That 2bil also goes up with each legal entry. I’m not saying how much it increases by, but call it a little incentive for spreading the word and getting more people involved. Who knows, maybe you can break my poor piggybank!
Much like last year, I’m not interested in leaving anyone in the lurch, so everyone that enters will get a prize just for engaging in this bit of fun. So what have you got to lose?
But that’s not all…
One overall winner will receive this rather nifty Eve Survival Pack. I’ll ship this bastard wherever the winner wants it, so I’m really hoping nobody from Australia or New Zealand enters. I’m also fed up with competitions that are restricted to specific countries/regions, so lets do this thing!
Now for the boring bit.
Now you know what to do and what you could win, you need to know the important stuff on submitting your creations.
- The contest is open the moment this post is published
- The contest ends 1st January 2012 at midnight GMT
- Judges’ decision is final regarding points and prizes
- Entries should be in some online-viewable format and viewable at the time of judging. If I can’t see the entry, I can’t award any points; sorry 🙁
- Entries should have the words “Minmatarts ftw!” scrawled on there somewhere
- A clear watermark in a screenshot
- Scribbled on a piece of paper within the frame of a photo of your creation
- In the description if its uploaded somewhere that allows such things
- There’s a limit of one entry per character. I’d do per person, but there’s no way I can enforce it, so I’ll take it on faith that you’re only entering once. 😉
- Links to entries should be evemailed to Adrielle Firewalker. Only mails sent to this character will be accepted.
8 thoughts on “Jingling Some Bells”
Pingback: Two Beeeeellion Iskies! | Aggressive Logistics
I put in my submission. I’m pretty excited. Will we be able to check out other’s submissions?
Dani, I put mine in BECAUSE I was inspired, mainly by you and Stan.
Yes, absolutely! 🙂
Pingback: Song-thing different and seasonal | A Missioneer in Eve
Looking forward to seeing all the other submissions!
Pingback: Eve Online Archive: StarfleetComms Podcast Ep 19 | StarfleetComms
Pages of Interest