Rixx Javix over at his EVEOGANDA blog started this one (I think), asking ‘What’s in your hangar?‘. I figured I’d add to this, since its kinda fun!
I’m only going to go through my main high-sec base of operations for my primary mission-runner character, since she does the most varied stuff. Its a much more interesting list of ships because of it I think. Unless you like lists of random industrial ships and barges? …Didn’t think so.
- Machariel ‘Makra‘ – This was my old mission ship. Its about 4 years old now. It never goes to low-sec primarily because it – along with any other faction ships – makes probers froth at the mouth. I have vague long-term plans to officer fit it for a laugh and return it to active service.
- Vargur ‘Angry Moose‘ – A silly name, but I feel it kinda works. This is my current mission ship. Personally I dislike autocannons. Maybe its a Brutor thing. I like the big badda booms. But anyway, the autocannons on this thing are just too good to ignore. It tanks better and ganks better than my mach ever did, which makes me a sad panda. I generally zoom out a whole lot so I don’t have to look at its ugly ass.
- Raven ‘grey box‘ – In case of extremely bad luck, this is my super emergency back-up. I hate ravens – I always have – but they are acceptable for running missions if you have nothing else – which is the only time this thing will see use!
- Nighthawk ‘Chocoholic‘ – Just in holding for an alt of mine. Can’t actually fly it (yet) with this character. Used to use it to make Worlds Collide a bit easier when I was using the mach.
- Cyclone ‘Lazy Bastage Miner‘ – Exactly what it says on the tin.
- Cheetah ‘Inside Scoop‘ – Exploration ship, duh. I also have spares of everything on it and another cheetah in dock, should it get pewpewed in a wormhole one day.
- Wolf ‘Monkey Magic‘ – For when I need an actual gun in exploration places (since the cheetah has none). Its also interchangeable with a codebreaker or analyser depending on what’s required for any given site. Much better than going down in a ball of flames trying to do stuff with a cheetah anyway!
- Thrasher ‘Fishy‘ – So named because they kinda look like fish. Just used for salvage when I’m not feeling super lazy.
- Muninn ‘Memory‘ – Old level 3 mission runner. Keep it around in case I feel the urge to do some. Its probably failfit given how long its been since I hopped in it…
- Wreathe, Hoarder, Mammoth – None of them have any names really. I just these for courier missions of varying sizes when I get lumped with them for storylines.
- Zephyr ‘Little Cloud‘ and Apotheosis ‘Weird Thingy‘ – Mostly just novelty items for me, but they are cool to look at, no?
- Loki ‘Sushi‘ – Set up for general utility in wormholes and exploration. It has the damage of a wet flannel, but is very useful.
- Loki ‘Double Helix‘ – Yes, I have two. I’m very lazy. This one is more about the tanking and the pewpew. Its equipped for efficient overheating, so it really does kick out some damage when it gets going.
So that’s about it really, skipping over random shuttles and t1-frigate-shuttles laying around. Its distressing how infrequently most of those ships get used, but I have no need for the isk so, *shrug*. Have a picture of a tempest: